Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Website Annotation!

While working on a new section of a website, I come across the problem of how can the owner, my supervisor, SEO team,  and Copy writing team review the website at the same time. First, I do not want to sort throught a collection suggestion written on pieces of paper or emails that land on my lap at random times. Second, some of the suggestions may have conflict of interest that need to be resolved. They need to know what the others are suggesting.

I have been using Firefox Scrapebook plugin for a while. I use it to capture webpages that are interesting and add my notes to them. So I think there must be some applications that allow users to review a website and offer feedback. Using Google finally found a blog lead that reviewed an application called "Notable".

Notable is awesome (www.notableapp.com). Not only for design review but for SEO and Copywriting which are very important to the company's business. I also found "Denote"(www.denoteapp.com) but it is gear towards website design review instead of SEO purpose.

I sign up for a free account with Notable,  added my supervisor and SEO team to the user list and uploaded a screenshot of a webpage for them to test it out. Will see how that goes.

No comments: